QHY5L-II-M CMOS Planetary Monochrome Camera - QHY5L-II-M
QHY SKU: QHY5L-II-M
- Compact monochrome autoguider and planetary camera fits in a 1.25-inch eyepiece holder
- 1.2 Megapixel 1/3-inch CMOS sensor with 74% quantum efficiency
- Large 3.75-micron pixels provide high signal-to-noise ratio rivaling CCD sensors
- Data speed up to 30fps at a full resolution of 1280x960
- Comes with metal box, USB cable, focus ring, and 1.25” extension tube
1. Compact, High-Sensitivity Autoguiders
QHY5-II series USB2.0 cameras come in very small but powerful packages. These cameras fit in a standard 1.25-inch eyepiece holder, but their improved thermal design allows the heat generated by the CMOS sensor to be transferred externally to the telescope's eyepiece tube. QHY5-II-series cameras are ideal for use as light-weight autoguiders or planetary imaging or travel cameras, and they’re directly powered through a USB connection. These cameras also have an adjustable location ring for confocality with an eyepiece.
2. Ideal for Real-Time Imaging of Bright Celestial Objects
QHY5-II series cameras are supplied with both Native WDM and Broadcast WDM drivers, which means you can use them as an ultra-high-performance web-cam for video capture or live video broadcasting. Show real-time astronomy images and events to your friends! QHY5-II series cameras can also be connected with the QHY InterCam stand-alone camera.
3. Fast Data Transfer and High Signal-To-Noise Ratio
The small but powerful 1.2 Megapixel QHY5L-II-M has high sensitivity, low noise, and an exceptional 74% QE that’s better than many CCD cameras. It is said that the QHY5L-II's image quality meets or exceeds that of ICX618-based cameras. The read noise is remarkably low (as few as 4 electrons). The sensor's on-chip FPN (Fixed Pattern Noise) calibration function solves one of the major problems of CMOS technology, resulting in images that are clear and uniform, even under high gain. With these advantages, the QHY5L-II provides outstanding monochrome image quality for planetary imaging, autoguiding, deep-sky, and all-sky imaging. The sensor has 1280 x 960 pixels at 3.75um, and the camera is capable of 30 frames per second in high resolution mode, 106 FPS in VGA mode.
4. Ready To Go Out of the Box
Each QHY5II series camera comes in its own metal box with USB cable, guide cable, focus ring and 1.25" extension tube.
Aptina MT9M034 Sensor Specifications
- Optical Format: 1/3 inch
- Active Pixels: 1280 x 960
- Sensor Size: 4.83mm x 3.63mm
- Pixel Size: 3.75um
- Shutter Type: Electronic Rolling
- Max Frame Rate: 30 FPS progressive scan
- ADC Resolution: 14-bit, on chip, 8-bit/12-bit output
- Dynamic Range: >115 dB
- Binning: 1*1
- Exposure Min & Max: 20us - 10 minutes
- QE: 74% peak