Celestron 11″ Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA) V2 Optical Tube Assembly (OTA Only)$3,599.00
Celestron 11″ Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA) V2 Optical Tube Assembly (OTA Only)Joyce EldridgeFebruary 26, 2020
- Fast, wide-field 11” f/2.2 optical design with rare-earth glass for images free of false color, coma, and field curvature
- Large 43.3mm optimized image circle maintains pinpoint stars to the far corners of even the largest astroimaging sensors, while the usable field extends even further to 52mm for larger format sensors
- New Ultra-Stable Focus System (USFS) minimizes focus shift and mirror flop
- Integrated air-cooling system features a quiet, high-output 12V MagLev fan and vents with mesh filters to prevent dust ingress
- Common camera adapters (T-thread and M48) included for easy attachment to popular CCD and DSLR cameras
Celestron 36cm (14″) Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA) f/2.2 Optical Tube Assembly (OTA Only)$13,999.00
This larger version of the original Celestron 11″ RASA was developed for the field of Space Situational Awareness (SSA). SSA is a project dedicated to detecting and mapping space junk in orbit.
In 2015, SSA professionals discovered the smaller 11″ RASA is an ideal instrument for this application. With its fast focal ratio and wide field of view it can detect even small pieces of space junk traveling at extraordinarily high speeds. There are now dozens of RASA telescopes in use around the world every night scanning the skies to protect satellites, at a fraction of the cost of other systems!
Celestron’s team collaborated with SSA experts to develop an even better telescope to meet this important need. The result is the 14″ RASA 36 which can detect individual pieces of debris measuring less than 1 meter!Celestron 36cm (14″) Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA) f/2.2 Optical Tube Assembly (OTA Only)Joyce EldridgeFebruary 27, 2020
CELESTRON 8″ ROWE-ACKERMANN SCHMIDT ASTROGRAPH (RASA) F/2 OPTICAL TUBE ASSEMBLY$1,699.00
CELESTRON 8″ ROWE-ACKERMANN SCHMIDT ASTROGRAPH (RASA) F/2 OPTICAL TUBE ASSEMBLYJoyce EldridgeFebruary 26, 2020
- Incredible clarity from edge to edge of your image circle
- Portable and powerful for professionals and amateurs alike
- Aperture: 203 mm (8-inch)
- Telescope weight: 17 lbs.
- Back focus: 29 mm (25 mm with included adapters).
- Optimized for sensors with a 22 mm diagonal.
- PLEASE NOTE: The 8-inch RASA will not work with standard DSLR + T-Ring systems.