Filters in stock ship usually ship within 1 week. Filters on back-order ship usually ship within 3-6 weeks.
You may click the “Get an alert” button to be notified when an out of stock filter is back in stock. It is necessary to pay for back-ordered filters immediately to reserve your spot in our wait list. Often we have more orders for out of stock filters than we have incoming filters. Many Astrodon filters are perpetually out of stock for this reason.
SIMPLIFY YOUR IMAGING!
Astrodon LRGB Gen2 I-Series Tru-Balance Filter Sets were designed for cameras containing the Interline KAI11002, KAI16000, sensors or other cameras with Interline Transfer Sensors.
Astrodon LRGB Gen2 I-Series Tru-Balance Filter Sets
Astrodon LRGB Gen2 I-Series Tru-Balance Filter Sets are designed to approximately equalize the flux of Interline CCD detectors (formerly Kodak), including compensation for the solar photon flux. The I-Series filters compensate for the lower red response of these Interline detectors affecting the design of the Green and Red filters. The Luminance and Blue filters are the same as those in our E-Series. This means that your RGB color combine weights will be approximately 1:1:1 within perhaps 10% for equal length exposures. This can never be perfect, but it does allow you to take one exposure time for all of your RGB data and therefore, only just one corresponding dark exposure time. Again, this saves you precious imaging time and thus, simplifies your imaging.
- Set includes Luminance (NIR/UV-blocked colorless), Red, Green and Blue filters
- 1.25" mounted, 31, 49.7 mm dia.
- 3 +/-0.025 mm single 1/4 wave fused silica substrate before coating
- 30 arcsec parallelism
- ~1:1:1 color combine weights for G2V white-point for Kodak Interline detectors
- Equal RGB exposures and one dark time
- Better color separation (see spectra)
- Better color rendition for galaxies based upon color theory
- Significant reflection and star halo reduction
- Spectral "gap" between green and red filters to reduce the effects of light pollution
- Highest efficiency blue filter with less UV
- Correct "teal" OIII color for planetary nebula (OIII signal >97% in blue and green)
- Parfocal with Astrodon's high-performance narrowband and near-IR Luminance filters
- Ultra-hard and durable sputtered coatings coated to the edge of each filter
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.