Starlight Xpress Lodestar X2 Monochrome Stand-alone Autoguider Camera
- Sensor: Sony ICX829 EXview HAD CCD
- Transfer Method: Interline
- Image Size: 8 mm Diagonal, Type 1/2
- Total Pixel Array: 795 x 596
- Effective Pixels: 752 x 582
- Total Effective Pixels: 440K
- Pixel Size: 8.2 um x 8.4 um
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface
- Image Download Time: Typically 0.2 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0
- Power Requirements: USB powered
- Guide Socket: RJ12
- Included Cabled: USB and ST4
- Cooling System: Ambient air cooling
- Body Size: 1.26” x 2.83” or 32 mm x 72 mm
- Back Focal Distance: 12.5 mm
- Weight: approx. 1.76 ounces, or 50g
The Starlight Xpress Lodestar x2 Autoguider is very compact and operates with a single USB 2.0. It also provides an optoisolated output connection, allowing you to directly control most mounts from their Autoguider sockets. This output is compatible with ST4 style of RJ12 connections.
The Lodestar X2 Monochrome features a Sony ExView CCD. The chip is not cooled, however it features a very low dark signal and very little readout noise. This allows it to guide faint stars that are beyond the reach of webcams and CMOS chip based guide cameras.
The high sensitivity and high dynamic range of the sensor make the Starlight Xpress Lodestar x2 Autoguider an excellent electronic finder, planetary imaging camera, and an awesome autoguider!