Celestron 8″ Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA) f/2 Optical Tube Assembly (OTA Only)
Available on backorder
Get an alert when the product is in stock:
- Incredible clarity from edge to edge of your image circle
- Portable and powerful for professionals and amateurs alike
- Aperture: 203 mm (8-inch)
- Telescope weight: 17 lbs.
- Back focus: 29 mm (25 mm with included adapters).
- Optimized for sensors with a 22 mm diagonal.
- PLEASE NOTE: The 8-inch RASA will not work with standard DSLR + T-Ring systems.
The Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph, known mainly as the Celestron RASA, became one of the best astrophotography telescopes the moment it was released. Since then, it’s popularity has only grown due to the incredibly fast optics for efficient imaging, absurdly clear optics from edge to edge of the aperture, and the fact that it’s one of the most reasonably priced, professional-grade telescopes available. Any astrophotographer will say the same great things about the Celestron RASA astrograph telescope. Experience as close to perfection as you can get in a portable package with the RASA series telescopes.
FAST OPTICS FOR SHORT EXPOSURES & “REAL-TIME” OBSERVING
Use shorter exposure times to capture detail in faint objects with its f/2.0 optical system. When combined with sensitive cameras and the proper “live stacking” software, the 8-inch RASA can provide an almost real-time observing experience. Instantly view images on a computer that are brighter and more detailed than what you would see with the naked eye in bigger telescopes.
Because shorter exposure times are possible, your equatorial mount won’t need to accurately track over extended periods. The 8-inch RASA’s relatively short 400 mm focal length also lessens equatorial tracking demands. In many cases, autoguiding will not be required.
AN ASTROGRAPH FOR EVERYONE
The 8-inch RASA is an imaging telescope that delivers a flat field without optical aberrations for razor sharp stars across a wide field of view. It can capture stunning deep-sky astronomical images without the challenges typically presented by longer focal length instruments at a fraction of the cost.
It has many of the same thoughtfully designed features as its “big brother” RASA 11, including, the integrated air-cooling system, internal filter mount, and sturdy CGE dovetail mounting bar.
FOCUSING MADE EASY
Focusing is easier, more accurate and more stable with its new focuser design that mitigates lateral movement of the primary mirror when tracking with the astrograph, focusing or slewing. Two sets of precision bearings are precisely aligned and tested during assembly to ensure optimal results.
IMAGING IN THE MODERN AGE
Designed to pair with color astronomical CMOS cameras, smaller CCD cameras, and mirrorless cameras, it is optimized for sensors with up to a 22 mm diagonal. It can accept larger sensors (up to 32 mm diagonal) as well. APS-C sized sensors used in many mirrorless cameras.
Camera adapters to connect C-mount cameras and cameras which mount with M42 threads are included.
Please note: The 8-inch RASA will not work with standard DSLR + T-Ring systems. Celestron offers optional adapters to connect your 8-inch RASA to Sony or Canon mirrorless cameras.
HIGHLIGHTED FEATURES OF THE CELESTRON RASA
- Designed with a Schmidt corrector, primary mirror, lens group and optical window.
- The 8-inch RASA’s optics are designed to perform over a wider spectral range, from 390-800 nm. This allows more of the light emitted from the astronomical object to be sharply focused in the image.
- A removable optical window, so you can maintain peak optical performance if a filter is added or if a camera has its own optical window.
- Celestron offers a Light Pollution Imaging Filter designed specifically for the 8-inch RASA, which mounts in place of the optical window.
- All refractive optical surfaces are coated with StarBright XLT coatings, while the primary mirror uses enhanced aluminum coatings.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- 8-inch RASA Telescope.
- M42 Camera Adapter.
- C-thread Camera Adapter.
- Fan Battery Pack.
|Aperture||203 mm (8″)|
|Corrected Image Circle||22mm|
|Dawes Limit||0.57 arcseconds|
|Focal Length||400 mm|
|Light Gathering Power||841x|
|Optical Design||Rowe Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph|
|RMS Spot Size||4.6 microns|
|Tube Weight||17 lbs|