Software Bisque Paramount MX+ Robotic Telescope System
The Paramount MX+ Mount is an improved version of former MX mount, designed to make observatory quality astronomy – field portable. It has been redesigned to incorporate the same high-torque precision servo motors used in the Paramount ME II. Otherwise, the Paramount MX+ has virtually the identical feature set of the original Paramount MX.
Available on backorder
Get an alert when the product is in stock:
The Paramount MX+
- Two port USB 2.0 hub on the Instrument Panel
- control system of 4th generation, featuring USB 2.0 computer to mount interface
- Calibrated polar alignment adjustments
- 2pc Stainless steel counterweights and stainless steel Counterweight ba
- 45kg total instrument capacity
- Unibody mount design weights 23kg
- Maximum 7 arcseconds peak-to-peak periodic error before PEC
- Includes versatile equipment mounting plate that can accept virtually any equipment
- Includes power supply and cabling
- Belt driven gears result in virtually zero backlash
- 30 arcsecond or better all sky pointing using T-Point
- Clutchless design maintains your “T-Point assisted” pointing accuracy
- All electronics and wiring inside the mount, with space to add additional cabling through the mount
Control system and Electronics:
- Integrated USB 2.0 computer to mount communication interface can be controlled via TheSkyX Professional Edition on either Mac OS X and Windows (7/Vista/XP, 32- and 64-bit), out of the box.
- Integrated two port USB 2.0 hub at the camera-end of the telescope, right where USB ports are needed most.
- The position of the motors is monitored 3333 times each second to ensure optimal tracking accuracy and smooth, consistent slews at all rates and all times.
- Tracking and “in progress slews” are immediately stopped in the event the mount’s payload encounters a fixed object, such as the side of the pier.
- The single board control system electronics requires the minimum number of components and has a small physical size.
- Hand controller features an integrated mini-joystick controller and configurable rate, a five position switch that allows single-handed mount control, an integrated bright red LED flashlight, sturdy “hang anywhere” cable loop and 15-foot coiled hand paddle to mount cable.
- Programmable periodic error correction with advanced adperiodic error curve fitting built into TheSkyX Professional Edition.
- Built-in autoguider port on the Instrument Panel.
- Built-in focuser port on the Instrument Panel.
- One 12V and one 5V power port on the Instrument Panel.
- An integrated through the mount generic “power source” port on the Instrument Panel backed with 18-gauge wire to supply power to your observing equipment.
- Configurable software limits (using TheSkyX Professional Edition) to ensure the mount does not encounter the pier.
- Brushless DC servomotors with all moving parts on bearing surfaces. If your mount is used for survey astronomy all night, every clear night, no other type of motor is sufficient. Other commercial mounts use “brushed motors” that don’t have nearly the life expectancy of brushless DC servomotors and are not designed to be operated for long periods at the (relatively slow) sidereal rate.
- The maximum slew and tracking rate is six (6) degrees per second in both right ascension axis and declination (the default slew rate is 5.4 degrees per second)*. The gear-reducer and worm-block design of the Paramount MX are extremely efficient so that little power is lost between the motor and the telescope drive.
- AutoHomeT homing capability (to better than one arcsecond resolution) with built-in sensor circuitry on each axis ensure that the mount always knows its orientation (after an initialization process called “homing”), even after power failure.
- Configurable park position.
- Audible feedback that indicates normal operation and error conditions.
- Slew and tracking rates can be configured with 56-bit precision. What does this mean? The right ascension and declination motors can be rotated a 0 to 4000 revolutions per minute and virtually anywhere in between, providing precise tracking and slewing. This gives you the ability to track on comets, asteroids and even fast- or slow-moving objects such as LEO satellites or any object that moves above or below the sidereal rate.
- Single-reduced belt-driven worms mean the Paramount MX has backlash so small it is difficult to measure (typically less than two arcseconds in both axes. Autoguiding calibration is always a snap with this “no-slop” system. Spur gears and other components the may introduce backlash are not used.
- Temperature compensated internal oscillator with better than 10 parts per million that ensures accurate tracking rates over a wide temperature range.
- Built-in temperature sensor that allows the slew rate to be automatically reduced when the temperature drops.
- Soft “reboot” capability. This means that the control system can be restarted through software and does not have to be manually turned off, then on.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- Software Bisque Paramount MX + Equatorial Mount
- MKS 5000 Dual-Axis DC Servomotor Control System
- Versa Plate Dovetail Plate
- Bubble Level
- Paramount User Guide
- USB 2.0 Cable
- Base Thrust Mounting Knobs (4)
- Hex Key Wrench Set
- Power Supply Unit & Cord
- Hand controller with Joy stick
- Counterweight Shaft
- Counterweight Safety Knob
- Two 20 lb. counterweights
- Cable Tie for Routing Cables Through Mount
- Paramount Software Suite Thumb Drive with TheSkyX Pro for Mac and Windows
|Counterweights||(2) 20 lbs|
|Head Design||German Equatorial|
|Instrument Capacity||100 lbs|
|Latitude Range||10″ to 65″|
|Objects in Database||100000|
|Power Supply included||AC Wall Adapter|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North & EQ South|
|Tracking Rates||Lunar & Sidereal & Solar|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
|Weight Capacity||100 lbs.|
|Weight of Head||50lbs|
- Software Bisque Paramount MX+ Equatorial Mount
- MX+ Counterweight Shaft